Luke 8:22-25 says, Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.” And they launched out. But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, “Where is your faith?”
And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”
There are many storms that come within a man’s life. Here are a few points that storms can represent:
1. Change is occurring in the spiritual atmosphere of life.
2. Very possible that a geographical transition is about to occur.
3. Storms cause man to leave the adolescence stage of begging God to change his situation, to waking up to his own God given faith and authority to change and calm disturbances himself.
4. Storms confirms that God is in resting somewhere in your situation.
5. Storms come to deliver man of fear.