Luke 9:1-6 says, Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.
“Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.” So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.
The following are encouraging helpful hints of the true calling of Jesus in these scriptures:
1. Answering the true calling of God draws power to walk supernaturally.
2. Get close to Jesus – James 4:8 – Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
Get close to the Power source and you will get the Power. Most of us want the Power but not to walk close to Jesus’ ways.
He called them together, then the fullness of His power is released. Psalms 133
3. They obeying Jesus’ command released His power – James 2:20 – 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Believing and acting on what you believe releases supernatural resources to do the impossible.
“If you have faith as a mustard seed , you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.
4. Obeying His call releases blessings – Jer 11:3-5
“Cursed is the man who does not obey the words of this covenant 4 which I commanded your fathers in the day I brought them out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying ,’Obey My voice , and do according to all that I command you; so shall you be My people, and I will be your God,’ 5 that I may establish the oath which I have sworn to your fathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey,’ as it is this day.”
5. They tried something new. They put away the old walk and put on the new – Col. 3 – Putting away our old nature and putting on the New – We can’t have two Kingdom’s
6. Power is released for “Service or Action”…. Not for play or circus acts – Kick out evil spirits, Heal all kinds of sickness all kinds of disease. To tenderly care for the broken and bruised lives. (Also Isaiah 61)
7. Don’t insist on staying in a luxury hotel – Remember Jesus’ life started in a manger. Live by faith and not by sight.
8. Be content where you are until you leave
9. Be courteous in your greeting
10. If they welcome you, be gentle in your conversation
11. If they don’t welcome you, don’t make a scene, just leave. Don’t judge them – Let God handle all of that.