1 John 1:8-9 says, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
There are a few characteristics of Jesus that are being said to the human heart in this scripture, that I would like to point out:
- No matter what state man is in, Jesus’ ears are always open to listen to a human heart.
- Jesus does not reject man, but welcomes him openly into His arms.
- Jesus does not accuse man of his faults or sin, but rather has an attitude of forgiving them.
- Jesus’ personality is not to speak negative against man, but to bless, forgive, and help him in whatever situation he is in.
- Jesus is not prejudice nor judgmental.
- After man has repented, Jesus does not torment, nor take man back in time to remind him of his faults. Only the spirit of the accuser does this act of shame.
- Jesus works on man’s behalf and washes away all unrighteousness of the past to give him new hope and a new life.
- Jesus’ attitude is not to strip a person to shame him, but rather clothe him in a new garment called “New Life”.
- Jesus is the covering for man’s sin. Jesus is the garment of love that covers a multitude of sin.
- Jesus nature is to love and not hate. Jesus has the same DNA as the spirit of His Father – He loves mankind.