James 1:5-8 – If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Most of the time when man begins to pray or wants to narrow his focus on God and his purpose, several winds of his own thoughts begin to blow instead of focusing on God. This type of thinking breeds the following:
- It keeps him out of the realm of faith and trapped in the depths of doubt.
- Promotes confusion and scattered thoughts that only drive him trying to do everything at one time. This results in lack of energy, sensitivity, and inspiration, which will open the door for depression or hopelessness.
- When man’s true calling from God is distracted by “so called”, important things, he will find that his walk and his true calling will be unstable. This causes lack of confidence and courage, resulting in never truly walking out his destiny.
- He finds himself doing what everyone else is saying to do instead of doing what God told him to do. He rides coat tales instead of his God given own.
- He becomes a wanderer or vagabond, trying to find purpose in other places or people instead of within himself with God.
- Scattered thoughts caused man to be faithless toward his calling and God.
If the mind is ever single again upon God, the winds of confusion die and the staggering walk of man becomes straight and stable. He will not only receive all of God’s nature, but He will also draw wisdom, vision, and power to fulfill his purpose that God predestined. If you wander in your mind you will geographically wander in you life. Don’t be tossed by the wind, but draw near to God. He is man’s “Way”.